Tabriz blue mosque Tabriz haj safar ali mosque
Tabriz Ark mosque Qaramalek mosque
Tabriz grand mosque Pole sanghi mosque
Tabriz nasrye mosque Kalkate chi mosque
Tabriz Ostad,Shagherd mosque Saheb-ol- amr mosque
Tabriz segat-ol-islam mosque
Tabriz ismaeil-khal-oghli mosque
Tabriz molla-bashi mosque
Tabriz khazine mosque
Tabriz mofid-agha mosque
Tabriz sheikh-ol-islam mosque
Tabriz dal-o-zal mosque
Tabriz martyrs mosque
Tabriz mojtehed mosque
Tabriz mirza sadegh agha mosque
Tabriz maqbara mousqe
Tabriz hojat-ol-islam mosque
Tabriz imam jomeh mosque
Tabriz hasan padishah mosque
Tabriz zahiriyeh(seyyed hamza) mosque
Tabriz sahib abad mosque
Tabriz seyyed-ol-mohagheghin mosque
Tabriz blue mosque
Location: Imam St,between saat square& shahid beheshti crossroad(Mansor)
Shah Jahan Mosque or Blue Mosque in Tabriz was built according to the order of abol mozafar jahanshah ben Qara Yusuf who was from Abomozaffar Jahanshah Torkaman Qarquyunlolar dynasty, In 1449 by John Big Khaton (wife Jahanshah Bin Qara Yousef Qaraquyunlolar) efforts & supervision. This building is the masterpieces of Islamic architecture and is known as a turquoise in Islamic world which is decorated with turquoise and azure mosaic tiles with a variety of prescription, nastaliq, sols hand writing and original design of engineering and arabesque style. The mosque destroyed in 1772 earthquake and Between 1939 and 1966 restoration and repairing of mosque was conducted by Professor Reza memaran. The Brick dome of the Blue Mosque is the largest brick buildings in the ninth hijri century which is constructed by Islamic architects that is considered as continues patriarch architecture period .
Tabriz Citadel mosque
Location: Imam St, Ferdowsi Avenue intersection, near Tabriz Mosalla
Alisha citadel, one of the most vast and important buildings left from Aljativ period wich was built by Taj-al-Din Alisha Jilan Tabrizi during 8 years between the years 1295 to 1303.Alisha citadel, during the history had some applications. However, now only a part of the great wall and very high sanctuary of south nave mosque remaines, which indicating the glory and prosperity of the past. The walls, in fact constituted a large circular and portico arches were carring roof and the space produce used as a prayer hall and was the main of Ali Shah mosque. Tabriz citadel and its ancient sites have been recorded on the national heritage in 1931.
Tabriz grand mosque Period: Seljuk
Location: Motahari Ave (Rasteh kooche)
The exact date of construction of Tabriz Mosque which has been located last of Tabriz Bazar and southern side of Talebiyyeh school between Ismaeil-khal-Oghli and Alachigh Machid mosques,is exactly unclear. Some of the original buildings related to Seljuk period. In the effect of earthquake In first and second half of the 12 hijri century some arches of the mosque broke and collapsed and later was repaired and rebuilt by Ahad Khan and his son Hussein Qoli Khan. By Haj Talib Khan Tabrizi, fonder of Tabriz Talebiyeh school in 1666 at dedicate rescript of school, the mosque name is mentioned Great Mosque of Tabriz. In the early recent shamsi centuries, major repairs are done in the mosque by Haj Mohammad Bagher Kalkatachi.
Tabriz Nasriyeh mosqueNasriyeh mosque building, which was appointed to Uzun Hasan Aghkoyunlular has been masterpieces of architecture of its time. From its components, only one piece of marble in sanctuary of mosque, an inscription marble at northen wall, an inscription marble at down of staircase wall, marble gravestone in east wall of winter khawja dweller and six stone columns remains. In the years before the Revolution were half the usual residence for the students of religious sciences.
Tabriz Ostad-Shagerd mosquePeriod: patriarch
Location: Intersection of Ferdosi streets and Ardebili alleys.
The mosque is located in Tabriz Ferdosi Street and its primary structure was built 1322 by Amir H. Shepherd, nicknamed. The title of the mosque is because of internal and external inscriptions written by Abdullah Seirafi and one of his students who was a famous calligraphists of Mughul era. The building, which consists of a domed prayer hall also in simply has a special interest.
Seqhato-Islam mosque in Tabriz
Period: QajarPosition: Daraei Street, next to the Sahebolamr
The mosque was completed in 1886 and the late Mirza Mohammad Shafi Seqhato-islam Shiee leader (Martyr Seqhatoleslam,s grandfather) took the lead. In 1912, a vault was added to the the eastern side of the mosque and a winter mosque was built on the eastern side of the mosque.In 1931, Mr. Seqhato-islam, due to the sharp break in the new arches and a winter mosque was located, removed the spaces and added to the mosque area. Now the mosque, with twenty stone pillars and thirty-four brick dome is one of the largest mosques in Tabriz.
Ismail khal-oghli Mosque in TabrizPeriod: Ottoman
Location: Between the Great Mosque of Tabriz school of religious Jafariye
The mosque on the left or south side Talbyh school corridor, between Jafariye religious school and mosque has raised, Its length is from north to south, and opens a door and two windows to the corridor. Ten beautiful stone columns and brick of the mosque has 18 domes beat. Columns are placed in two rows. Domes are equal and uniform. At the entrance to the mosque, built of brick is pretty small vault at the bottom (above the entrance), the words "In the name of God" and Verse 18 of Sura Toba leading to the third line, is the bed.
Mulla Bashi Mosque in TabrizOld: Qajar
Location: St. Seghato- Islam, last alley Dr. Messiah
The mosque has four stone columns and 9 tall brick dome percussionist.
The mosque and its accessory building around the year 1901 is over.
Age: 178 years
Khazine Mosque in Tabriz
Location: St jomhori, Opp Ferdosi Street, next to the market, "Gorjilar»
When mosque construction by mirza yosef tabatabaei, Huge amounts of gold and silver coins, which were found to belong to the Seljuk kings, Because this mosque is known as Qizilly. The mosque, with twelve stone pillars and brick dome twenty uniform dimensions, length 24 and width of 20 meters. Qizilly mosque's name, is permanent in Islamic revolution history. Because of the Forty Martyrs of 19 January celebrations of Qom at this mosque and testimony "Muhammad Tjla" in its input, Sparks uprising on 29 Tabriz Persian date Bahman 1977, was estimated.
Mofid agha mosque in TabrizOld:Qajar
Location: Bazar, east side of Ferdosi Street, opposite the mosque Qizilly.
The construction of this mosque began in 1931 and has finishe in 1935. The founder of this mosque Sheikh late Haj Reza Tabatabai was the son of the late Sheikh Abul Gasem Shaykh al Eslam. The late Mr. Seyed Kazem Mofid who was Mojtahed &Prayer leader of this mosque, died in 1964. The mosque has four stone columns with Inscriptions on top of columns which are located pairs. The mosque consists of 8 entrances and plans are almost symmetrical. The length of mosque is from north to south. Roof coatings is arch and netted vaulted ceiling. The history of this building is related to Qajar period.
Tabriz Shaykholislam mosqueAntiquity: 50 years
Location: Drayi Street, next to the shoe market.
The founder of the first building of this mosque Haj Mirza Mahmoud Sheikholislam‘s uncle, Sheikh Haj Reza Tabatabai was contemporary and companion with Mirza Nader. This mosque in 1962 to the encouragement of prayer leader late Haj Seyed Mohammad Badkubehi and by efforts of Tabriz merchants was rebuilt.
Tabriz Dal and Zal mosqueAntiquity:Qajar period
Location: Ferdowsi Avenue, fifth Eyned-al-dole street, District Mhad Mahin
In Mahad Mahin neighborhood the alley between Ferdosi avenue and north Shahnaz, Before to the Miar Miar there is a mosque which is known to, "Dal& Zal" mosque. This mosque has four columns and middle dome is larger and taller than the other domes .The floor of the mosque is square and was covered with mat and each side has fifteen meters long.
Prince Mosque (Tabriz Shohada)Period:Qajar
Location: Square of martyrs
The name of mosque before the Islamic revolution was known to Shazda or prince mosque. Has been quoted that, to the command of Tabriz Mujtahids and Nasseraddin Mirza, the crown prince, "Seyyid Ali Muhammad Shirazi," known as "Bob" in front of this mosque hanged. Martyrs mosque, has great entrance, staircase and open space.Regularly Stone columns, plastering columns, chamber and regular architecture seen in this mosque. The mosque was made in lifetime of regent Abbas Mirza and was known to crown prince mosque or Shazda mosque.
Tabriz Mojtahed mosque Antiquity:Qajar period
Location: western side of the Jame mosque in Bazar, opposite the carpenters Bazar
This mosque is the largest mosque in Tabriz and is located in the western side of Jame Mosque in Bazar, front of carpenters Bazar. The surface of that about one meter below the bottom of the Bazar. This mosque has sixty three pillars of stone located in seven rows. The roof of mosque, is covered with eighty brick arch domes. The windows of mosque, opens to north and west. Nader Mirza attributed the building of the mosque to Haji Mirza Baqir Mojtahed.
Tabriz Mirza Sadiq Agha mosqueAntiquity: Not known
Location: Bazaar , Tabriz Jame mosque in Talebiyeh school and entrance part of Jame mosque This mosque is located in the northern corridor Talebiyeh school. It is a gretat mosque and has narrow staircase with 23 beautiful resect & thick stone pillars and stone Mogharnas Inscriptions on top of columns which 34 short semi-circular brick dome and regular constitute ceiling cover. Building date is unknown. Type of columns and Style of building indicates it’s antiquity.
Tabriz tomb mosquePeriod: Safavi era
Location: The first of shoe market
It has 9 beautiful resect stone columns, domes are elevated and multiplied. The ceiling collapsed in the 1772 earthquake and later has made.This work done by the late Mirza Mehdi Ghazi Tabatabai and because their own tombs there the mosque is named tomb mosque. Martyr Ayatollah Seyyid Mohammad Ali Qazi Tabatabai tomb is in the same mosque. This mosque formerly was known"Shah mosque".
Tabriz Hojjat al-Islam mosqueAntiquity: about 193 years
Location: South of Talebiyeh school yard and west of Tabriz Jame mosque
Hojjat al-Islam mosque is located in south of Talebiyeh school yard and west of Tabriz grand mosque. Only is a great column in front of sanctuary, with ornamental spiral strips and prolific Mogharnas columns. The founder of the mosque, is "Hojjat al-Islam, Mullah Mohammad Mamaghani" student of"Sheikh Ahmad Ahsayy". After completing his education in Najaf and return to Tabriz, building of the mosque began, In the year 1856 andfinished the building in 1861. This mosque recently after restoration is connected to Tabriz Great mosque regularly.
Tabriz Imam Jome mosqueAntiquity: About 173 years
Location: On the eastern side of the mosque Bazaar ,near Talebiyeh school
Tabriz Imam Jome mosque located in the eastern par of mosque Bazaar near Talebiyeh school and have twenty columns with Mogharnas Inscriptions on top of columns and thirty brick domes. Columns placed in four rows and since all of them are green, is known to the Green mosque. Nader Mirza writes about the mosque: "this mosque by religious merchant Haj Ali from Khoy town (nephew of famed merchant Haji Safar Ali Tabrizi which has made by his cost Haji Safar Ali mosque, Bazaar, school)has built in 1834"
King Hassan mosque of TabrizPeriod: Aq Quyunlo
Location: Shotor ban Bazaar and Saheb ol Amr square
According to Haji Khalifa Kateb Chalabi, the mosque of Sultan Hassan one of monuments Aq Qoyunlular King Uzun Hassan and built the method of kings communities with masons and plumbum is dignified and magnificent monument. Beside altar there is a piece of marble the length and width of a few cubits mounted to the wall has flourished the mosque. The marble as mentioned is uniqe in the universe and is not seen in other communities. Four names were engraved above the door by Kyzyl Bashha clean and only Ali (AS) has been reinstated.
Zahiriyeh mosque (Seyed Hamzeh)Historical era: Qajar period
Location: west of Seyed Hamzeh shrine, Seghat-al Islam Avenue
This mosque goes back to 1666 when it got built beside Seyed Hamzeh shrine (Seyed Hamzeh was close to Sultan Mohammad Khodabandeh). It has been rebuilt several times because of different damages, and the last time was in 1876 by Nasser Ad-Din Shah.All around the mosque is covered by beautiful color travertine stones in height of 105 cm. On top of them Asraa Sura was written in special font. All of the inscriptions and decorations of mosque were gilded but unfortunately these designs were ruined in process of rebuilding during 1912 to 1913. One of the buried people in mosque is Mirza Iesa Ghaem Magham Farahani.
Sahib Abad mosqueHistorical era: Safavid period
Location: at the end of Daraee Avenue, Sahib Abad square, Sahib Abad monument and mosque
This mosque used to be used as a monument and now it is under construction. It was built during Shah Tahmasb Safavid time. In 1624, Invasion of the army of Sultan Morad the forth, destroyed it and in period of Shah Sultan Hossein Safavid, it was retrieved by Mirza Mohammad Ebrahim who was minister of Azerbaijan at that time. The monument, in 1773, destroyed by a horrifying earth quick. And it got restructured by Jafar Gholi khan Danboli in 1787. In addition in 1845, Mirza Ali Akbar Khan, the Russian Consulate interpreter, decorated some parts of dome and corridors with mirror. He also added a school to it which is called Akbariyeh.
Seyed-al Mohagheghin mosqueHistorical era: 106 years ago
Location: At the end of Dabagh Khaneh Bazaar
The mosque is located in Sadegiyeh bazaar and is built by Haj Mirza Mohammad Rafi Tabatabaee who is well-known as Nezam-al Olama, in 1901. It has 45 meters length with 8 pillars and 15 same brick-made arches which are positioned in 2 rows and all have stony heads. It is named so because of its first religious leader Seyyed-al Mohagheghin.
Haj Safar Ali mosqueHistorical era: Safavi era
Location: Yamani-duz bazaar
Initial body of the mosque goes back to Safavi age. But it was made by the merchant, Haj Safar Ali Khoee, contemporary with Abbas Nayeb-ol Saltaneh. This mosque had two leaders, Mir Abd-ol Hojjat Mohajer-e Iravani, famous religious man, and Haj Mirza Javad Soltani Gharaee. This building is well-built as no flaw was found in it after horrifying flood that filled mosque’s hall up to half of its height, in 1867.
Location: Qaramalek, Hosseinieh square, street 35m
The main space of the mosque is a rectangular bed chamber with length of 17.33 and width 12.71 meters. The Stones used in yard columns according to their dimensions is different and the average size of columns is 90 cm in 90. According to the plan, and materials used in the building and comparison with similar cases probably original building is belong to the Qajar period, But different repair and restoration on the building in next periods has been carried out.
Stone Bridge mosquePeriod:Qajar
Location: Chayknar Street, opposite the stone bridge, stone bridge mosque
This building is the old mosques in Tabriz city and due to the proximity to the Chayknar stone bridge the mosque is known as the stone bridge. The mosque one floor with rectangular plan that stretches north-south and the main yard and the additional part with the usage of toilets are in the northern part of the mosque. The mosque roof is arch and dome is from brick and brick dome in which colorful glazed bricks is used as blue turquoise. The mosque stone column is painted in white. The mosque entrance vestibule simple and is located in the southeast corner of the building.